Sunday, June 19, 2011

rain and baby showers

IMG_6223IMG_6220IMG_6227IMG_6237IMG_6234IMG_6238IMG_6250IMG_6267IMG_6257 IMG_6256IMG_6306IMG_6309            

Since Thursday evening when I came back from the Airport I’ve been pretty much running around all the time so today I’ll just relax, do a bit of housework and stay home. The english weather is living up to it’s name and giving us rain and wind and freezing temperatures in the middle of june. Well, I didn’t move here because of the weather, right?

Friday I went to my friend Lena to set up the decoration for next day – baby shower party for our friend Nicky who is due with twins in about one and a half months. After that we went to another friends birthday and leaving due party that lasted all night. You can imagine how tired I was when I left the house yesterday at 11 to be at the baby shower…

Lena and me went food shopping the day before and I kept telling her it was too much but when she set her mind on something, there is now way  to stop her. :) We ended up having food for about 20 people (we were 11) but everything went very well and although the majority of guests were a bit hangover from the night before, we had a lot of fun and a great bbq (right in between two massive rain showers).  Unsuprisingly the dad-to-be won the diaper chaning competition and we had a great time. In the evening everybody left with a full belly and lots good memories. Thanks to Lena for being such a wonderful host!

xxx

Seit ich Donnerstag Abend vom Flughafen gekommen bin, bin ich nur auf Achse, daher werd ich heute nur ein bisschen Hausarbeit machen und ansonsten ist chillen angesagt! Das Englische Wetter macht seinem Namen alle Ehre und es ist mitten im Juni kalt, windig und regnerisch. Naja, ich bin ja nicht wegen des guten Wetters hergezogen, wa?

Freitag bin ich früh zu Lena gefahren um ihr bei der Haus Dekoration zu helfen, da am nächsten Tag die Baby Party für unsere Freundin Nicky (die in ca. anderthalb Monaten Zwillinge erwartet) ins Haus stand. Danach gingen wir auf die Geburtstags- und Abschiedsparty eines Freundes, die bis in die Nacht dauerte. Ihr könnt euch vorstellen wie kaputt ich am nächsten Morgen war als ich um 11 das Haus verließ…

Lena und ich waren tags zuvor Essen kaufen gewesen und obwohl ich sie davon überzeugen wollte dass sie zu viel kauft, konnte ich sie nicht davon abhalten. Was Lenchen sich in den Kopf setzt, wird auch gemacht! :) Letztendlich hatten wir essen für ca. 20 Leute (wir waren zu elft) aber alles lief prima und obwohl der Großteil der Gäste einen leichten Kater hatte, hatten alle sehr viel Spaß und es wurde lecker gegrillt (genau richtig zwischen zwei heftigen Regengüssen). Der Papa in Spe hat natürlich den Windel-wechsel Wettbewerb gewonnen und alle hatten viel Spaß bei den Baby Spielen. Am Abend ging jeder mit einem vollen Bauch und vielen schönen Erinnerungen nach Hause. Danke an Lena für den tollen Tag!

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Oh beautiful pictures! Really cute that babyshower haha, I hope I get one like this when I'm pregnant.

    Oh and yes saving for a DSLR is hard but I found a really good deal on a dutch ebay site, and I almost have all the money I need. Oh and I wonder if you translated that blogpost with google translate or do you understand a little bit dutch (since I can understand german a little) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the north of holland people also speak frisian (it's even called 'Friesland'), but I find it hard to understand that dialekt haha.
    But Dutch and German are quite similar so it isn't that hard to understand.. but I must admit I have had 2 years of german lessons at high school ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG twins! how cool : ) your friend looks great, lovely baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun! These photos are beautiful and certainly captured what seemed like an awesome day! :)

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh tolle bilder! die windeltorte sieht so toll aus :DD

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! 'd love to hear your feedback! xxx

Hypersmash.com