Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday Update #4



Haven’t done these in a while!

Chinese New Year is just around the corner (specifically on the 18th of this month) and I can’t wait to take off in three days to go to Shanghai! We are going in a small group of friends for five days so I am sure it will be a blast. Although I have been to Shanghai before (see this post here), it’s been a while and I only had 3 nights there because I was on a business trip and working during the day time. I am looking forward to exploring the city more, especially since people are usually either pro Beijing or pro Shanghai and rarely both! 

In case you have been living under a Rock - I'll save you the work and give you Wikipedia:

Chinese New Year is an important traditional Chinese holiday celebrated at the turn of the Chinese calendar. In China, it is also known as the Spring Festival, the literal translation of the modern Chinese name. Chinese New Year celebrations traditionally run from Chinese New Year's Eve, the last day of the last month of the Chinese calendar, to the Lantern Festival on the 15th day of the first month, making the festival the longest in the Chinese calendar. Because the Chinese calendar is lunisolar, the Chinese New Year is often referred to as the "Lunar New Year".

Last year I spent CNY in Beijing and it was pretty boring to be honest, the whole city is dead because everyone has gone back to their hometown and all the foreigners use the week of holidays to go travelling. I am hoping Shanghai will be at least a bit warmer than here, Beijing is still freezing and it can’t be spring soon enough in my opinion!



  • SawTHIS lovely video that only people in China or Chinese will understand.
  • Listened -   Nothing new actually, I should update my playlist some time!
  • Learned -   The more people travelling in one group, the harder to organize! Also: If you want something done right, do it yourself!
  • Ate – Been stuffing myself with Avocado on toast, topped with poached egg! Not just a breakfast favorite!
  • Read www.Thewanderingtrader.com – I have no clue about stocks and trading… but seeing this guy travel the world and still earning money? I want to do that too!!! :D
  • Drank -  Smoothies! I am smoothie addicted! Banana and peanut butter is my favorite at the moment!
  • Thought – About ways to become a millionaire as soon as possible… so that I can travel the world!
  • Wished -  I was a millionaire already.
  • Bought -  New filters for my pollution mask. The pollution is out of control at the moment! >.< 


  • Wishing you all a lovely start in the week!
    x


    1 comment:

    1. You're fabulous.. I like your posts.. This is an amazing and full of inspiration post..
      Keep in touch sweety, much kisses,,
      http://styleinthessbiky.blogspot.gr/

      ReplyDelete

    Please leave a comment! 'd love to hear your feedback! xxx

    Hypersmash.com