Tuesday, June 8, 2010

portobello road

2913797662_fd835e6332 via

If you go to London, you gotta go to Portobello Market in Notting Hill. I only go there on saturdays but I think it now opens all week (?) because of the tourists. It is touristy, yes, but still amazing. This street is crammed full with antique dealers, vintage fashion stalls and retro memorabilia. A paradise for vintage lovers!

71421373.qdNX9pq5.LondonPortabelloMarketShopFootballs via

4566342959_e48f4bf3a9

1091316885_74e7bb31c5 via

portobello_market via – following pics by me

IMG_0511

Some people (especially the local retailers) were mourning about this shop. It’s a giant chain store that moved in earlier this year and is decorated with antique Singer sewing machines, so from outside I first thought it is a sewing machine museum. They actually sell clothes and a few home accessories. I like the style but it’s too expensive for me.

IMG_0507      IMG_0512

IMG_0515

IMG_0517

  This is one of my favourite shops. They have loads of maroccan style lamps and furniture as wel as vintage bags. I need that maroccan tea table next to the door – and the leopard backpack! I didn’t see it until I checked the pics. Oh noes! I love it!

400236250_a25d278875

When going to Portobello Road you need especially one thing: patience. There is so much to see (and most of the time so many people) that you have to take your time for a visit. Entering from the Notting Hill Gate side of the street you first get the Vintage stalls and sellers, then food (the seafood stuff is nasty although so many people are always queuing), make-up and jewellery and at the end clothes and accessories. If you don’t make it in one day, come another time, entering Ladbroke Grove Station.

IMG_0520 IMG_0521

If I made you curious and you are actually planning to go there, have a look here or email me for some tips ;) !

     xxx

2 comments:

  1. wow there so much!!
    My good friend is going
    study abroad in London
    and I'm thinking of
    doing an internship there.
    It looks really exciting!

    xoxo
    www.cestclassique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this post
    Simply amazing

    Danielle

    http://deardanyell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! 'd love to hear your feedback! xxx

Hypersmash.com